Monday, March 14, 2011

Waldo Takes on Brooklyn

Waldo really fits in with all those hipsters.

Obviously, this is a play on the “Where’s Waldo” theme books, which were a favorite of mine growing up. Even recently, a friend of mine commented that he believes “Where’s Waldo” contributed greatly to his perceptual abilities leading to his new found interest in ornithology.

To create this image I used a photo I took this past summer at a free show in Brooklyn. Using Photoshop, I cropped the image to place emphasis on the crowd. After removing Waldo from his original image, I placed him amongst the crowd and changed his size to fit in with his new surroundings. I then altered the color of the original crowd photograph to be more in tune with Waldo’s highly saturated, cartoon appearance. Lastly, I used the Clone Stamp Tool to add shadows under Waldo’s feet, so he didn’t appear be floating

No comments:

Post a Comment